Site Reliability Engineer - Aurora, CO
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience is unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family centered, fun loving, high energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
We are willing to train the right candidates that may not have all the Kubernetes or CaC/IaC experience but possess strong engineering skills and an aptitude for understanding systems and desire to learn.
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation.
Job Description and Required Skills
- Eager to learn new technologies and gain expert-level understanding of the latest approaches (auto-scaled cloud-based systems, serverless architectures, cloud/on-premises hybrid solutions)
- Ability to work on high performing teams; work independently as well as with team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Support infrastructure provisioning (Infrastructure as Code) and simulation configuration (Configuration as Code) (CaC/IaC)
- Able to troubleshoot issues to determine root-cause and drive to resolution
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting (Bash and Python, etc)
- Support all software engineering, design, development, integration, and testing.
- Plan and perform the work from a Prioritized Backlog of discrete, severable capabilities.
- Support writing and sizing of capabilities, features, and user stories in an increment based on the approved prioritization, and identify stretch goals (additional features/stories) for each Scrum Team per increment.
- Support deployment of program software products for operations and/or user evaluation (Beta Test).
- Support the implementation and execution of the testing regime that optimizes the use of automation.
- Support required information to include source code, testing harness, test data, test results, process description documents and other documents that attest to the validity of the Program software requirements and products.
- Participate and assist in software installation, review test results, assist in anomaly resolution and work off any Deficiency Reports (DRs) written during the IV&V process.
- Deliver source code which can be converted into object code or machine code and executable code for all software developed.
- Experience with cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure) with configuration of AWS EC2 instances, and Lambda functions a plus.
- Experience developing Infrastructure As Code (IAC) and Configuration As Code (CAC) using tools like Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Development experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Experience configuring and using CI/CD automated pipelines, such as Jenkins
- Strong Bash and Python coding skills
- Experience with Istio is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience with a B.S/B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.