Advanced AWS Cloud/Kubernetes SME
We believe in collaboration, teamwork, and creative problem-solving. Every project presents fun and interesting challenges. We are committed to solving problems with big ideas and drive real results. Want to be part of this team?
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience are unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family centered, fun loving, high energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. TS/SCI security clearance eligible; established TS/SCI clearance preferred. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation. We are required to have an appropriately adjudicated security clearance at the TS level with SCI eligibility and maintain the clearance required at the time of award and for the life of the contract."
Location: San Antonio; Hybrid position with remote and in-office a few days a week required.
Job Description and Required Skills
- At least three years’ demonstrated experience in:
- Agile Teams; plan and manage software development processes
- Expert level knowledge of Kubernetes, Istio, and Helm
- GitOps and Continuous Deployment in hybrid environments
- Custom Kubernetes Operators and Helm charts
- Custom Admission Controller
- Experience in generating hardened containers of commercial and open-source AI/ML tools, libraries, and services to support the JCF.
- Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs) and Custom Controllers
- At least three years of experience providing technical guidance to other engineers and Platform One automation/build tool
- Must have at least 3 years experience with packaging and securing applications as containers and working in Kubernetes
- Privileged User Certification: DoD 8570.01-M, IASAE Level II
- Expertise in providing DevSecOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar tools
- Expert knowledge of source version control, build/release tools and methodologies, and CI/CD pipelines
- Skillset capable of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for a large enterprise that consists of hundreds of applications.
- Strong ‘security first’ mindset
- Expertise with cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure)
- Familiar with microservice architectures (REST, JMS, AMQP)
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting (Bash and Python, etc)
- Ability to work on high performing teams supporting multiple projects and personnel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Software or Solutions Architecture - AWS certified solutions architect preferred
- Privileged User Certification: DoD 8570.01-M, IASAE Level III
- A passion for building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for multiple product teams
- Development experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Strong Bash and Python coding skills
- Experience with Istio is a plus
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and authorization processes
- 7+ years of experience with a B.S/B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, or technical degree or 10+ equivalent experience.
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.