Advanced Kubernetes SME
Once the seed is planted, one hopes for growth and that is what has happened at Seed Innovations! We are growing and we might be looking for you!
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on-premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience are unparalleled in the Department of the Air Force. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. TS/SCI security clearance is required at the time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation. Individuals must either be fully vaccinated or be approved for an accommodation to perform services for Seed Innovations.
Locations: Colorado (South Denver or Colorado Springs Area – access to Peterson SFB), Washington DC Area (access to Andrews Joint Base) or Dayton, Ohio Area (access to Wright-Patterson AF Base)
Seeking a highly motivated and strong DevSecOps engineer to support operations and deployments on a program that:
- Enables analytics partnerships
- Enables Executive Order on Maintaining American Leadership in Artificial Intelligence
- Allows functional communities to use the state-of-the-art, cloud-based tools they need to solve the Air Force's toughest data-related challenges
- Eager to learn new technologies and gain an expert-level understanding of the latest approaches for DevSecOps methodologies (auto-scaled cloud-based systems, serverless architectures, cloud/on-premises hybrid solutions)
- Experience with cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in providing DevSecOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar tools
- Expert hands-on development experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator or equivalent experience
- Experience creating, maintaining, and deploying Helm charts
- Experience in developing, testing, and maintaining containerized applications
- Working knowledge of source version control, build/release tools and methodologies, and CI/CD pipelines
- A passion for building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for multiple product teams
- Experience with the Software Build process
- Strong ‘security first’ mindset
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) using tools like Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Familiar with microservice architectures (REST, JMS, AMQP)
- Experience with Linux and scripting (Bash and Python, etc.)
- Ability to work on high performing teams supporting multiple projects and personnel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) using tools like Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Strong Bash and Python coding skills
- Experience with Istio is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience with a B.S/B.A. in Engineering, Science, or related technology field or 5 years equivalent experience
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.