AI/ML Engineer - Senior - Colorado Springs, CO
Data meets details meets deadlines! Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading!
We support a wide range of customers across the DoD and IC developing both high-availability, self-healing platforms as well as cutting edge solutions to complex missions. Our engineers come from diverse backgrounds with diverse interests, but all have one thing in common, they’re some of the most skilled engineers with which you’ll ever work. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo and have a passion for personal growth, learning and helping the government to develop more technically advanced and mission capable systems. Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation.
Location: Colorado Springs TS/SCI; remote work options available
Seeking a highly motivated and experienced AI/ML engineer to support the DoD’s Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office’s (CDAO) mission to democratize AI/ML capabilities. Seed Innovations is developing the common AI/ML development platform to be used by warfighters, analysts and decision makers across the DoD and IC. This platform provides the tools, libraries and, importantly, automation that expedites AI/ML application development.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing day to day leadership of a small team of AI/ML engineers that is collectively responsible for:
- Designing and building example data preparation pipelines to include, but not limited to data ingestion, data quality improvement, PII and other sensitive data obfuscation and automated feature detection and labeling
- Designing and building example ML model training pipelines spanning a wide spectrum of domains including time series analysis, anomaly detection, object detection and segmentation, NLP, reinforcement learning and many others
- Enhancing the above pipelines to maximize the potential for reuse by others with differing data sets and mission requirements through careful design
- Developing training material (documentation, video tutorials) explaining how to use both the platform and the automation pipelines developed above
- Collaborating closely with the development team and systems engineering team to steer platform requirements
- Supporting the IV&V team in automating tests for the pipelines developed above
- Anticipating needs of the DoD/IC AI/ML user community
- Providing routine platform demonstrations to the CDAO (customer) and new potential users
- Occasional on-site platform and AI/ML development support to new users of the platform and USAF BRAVO Hackathon events
As the team lead, you’ll additionally be responsible for:
- Managing and refining the team’s product backlog in close coordination with the CDAO
- Team status reporting and metrics collection
- Prioritizing the team’s development efforts to provide maximum benefit to the user community at the earliest possible time
- Mentoring junior-level AI/ML engineers
Note: CONUS travel may be required on an occasional basis (< 10%)
- 5+ years of experience related to AI/ML model development and data science
- 10+ years of engineering experience related to software development, automation, systems engineering, or software integration and test
- Diverse AI/ML model development experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Outstanding presentation and oral communication skills
- Development experience on a large-scale system
- Knowledgeable on configuration management tools
- Strong Python coding skills
- Experience creating systems engineering artifacts (CONOPS, Use Cases)
- Test automation experience
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow and GitLab Runners
- Prior development of microservice applications
- Ability to work on high performing teams supporting multiple projects and personnel
- Experience with cloud systems and architectures is a plus
- 10-15+ years of experience with a B.S/B.A. in Engineering, Science, or related field
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.