Cloud Architect - Colorado Springs, CO
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience is unparalleled. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance required at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Location: Colorado (South Denver or Colorado Springs Area – access to Peterson SFB), Washington DC Area (access to Andrews Joint Base) or Dayton, Ohio Area (access to Wright-Patterson AF Base)
Remote work options available
Work as part of a fast-paced, agile team of Architects, Security, IT Operations, DevSecOps, and UserExperience engineers supporting an AF big data platform that collects and enables the usage of massive amounts of AF data, provides some of the leading big data analytics tools, enables a multi-tenant environment where tenants can request their own tools to be deployed, and catalogs and enables searching and access to all of the collected data while maintaining appropriate limited access visibility based on the sensitivity of the data at NIPR/SIPR/JWICS levels. The position requires a deep understanding and hands-on experience with cloud system architecture and high-level design, understanding of efficient deployment tooling and strategies, and ongoing resource monitoring and management of cloud resources and application level running software. Emphasis of architecting enterprise data services (data pipeline processing, ETL processes, metadata management) and Kubernetes experience will be beneficial.
- Responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise’s overall systems
- Define system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Research, identify, and select technology products required for solution deliver.
- Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies.
- Stays up on the latest trends and new technologies; desire for continued learning a must.
- Interfacing with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Generating the highest level of system requirements, based on the users' needs and other constraints.
- Ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Performing cost–benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
- Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects, so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and users' needs and constraints.
- Ensuring that a maximally robust and extensible design is developed.
- Generating a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers, test engineers, and the users, which determine that all of the high-level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
- Generating products such as sketches, models, an early user guide, and prototypes to keep the users and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
- Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to seriously lag or become obsolete.
- Prepare material and ability to brief customer and internal staff.
- Ability to work on high performing teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 15+ years of experience with a B.S in Engineering, Science or equivalent degree or 20+ years of experience without a degree
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.