Cybersecurity Engineer - Colorado Springs, CO
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience is unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. Must have a TS/SCI security clearance at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO with remote work options available
Job Description and Required Skills
- Responsible for safeguarding information systems assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems
- Continuous monitoring of live cyber environments for potential attacks, vulnerabilities, and log analysis
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in developing and implementing security into infrastructure, platforms, and software
- Development of cybersecurity architecture with ability to adapt quickly to evolving requirements
- Responsible to maintain and improve a platform Authority to Operate (ATO) in cloud environments, and have hands-on experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF) security assessments
- Document assessments and processes
- Communicate the outcomes of assessments to leadership
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with agile and DevSecOps methodologies
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Interaction with multiple customers at all levels
- Experience hardening Kubernetes and containers a plus
- Experience with AWS, Azure, NextGen Security Products, network vulnerability scanning platforms
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CSSP)
- 2+ years experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent degree, with concentrations/focus in security or equivalent and two years minimum experience OR a minimum four years of enterprise security assessment experience
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.