DevSecOps Engineer - Jr
Seed innovations works with customers to apply innovation and intelligence to the core of their organizations. Leverage your skills to help our customers solve their most pressing challenges.
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on-premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience are unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
We are willing to train the right candidates that may not have all the Kubernetes or CaC/IaC experience but possess strong engineering skills and an aptitude for understanding systems, and a desire to learn.
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. TS/SCI Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation.
Locations: Colorado Springs; remote work options available
Job Description and Required Skills
To provide lead DevSecOps experience in support of the DoD’s Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office’s (CDAO) mission to democratize AIML capabilities across the department. Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Providing DevSecOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar tools
- Working knowledge of source version control, build/release tools and methodologies, and CI/CD pipelines
- Software Build process and source repositories
- Cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure)
- Basic Bash and/or Python coding skills
- AI/ML model development experience
- Development with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) using tools like Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Hands-on development experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Developing, testing, and maintaining containerized applications
- Experience with cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure)
- Eager to learn new technologies and gain an expert-level understanding of the latest approaches (auto-scaled cloud-based systems, serverless architectures, cloud/on-premises hybrid solutions)
- A passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies
- Skillset capable of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for a large enterprise that consists of hundreds of applications
- System Administration experience
- Strong ‘security first’ mindset
- Familiar with microservice architectures (REST, JMS, AMQP)
- Ability to work on high performing teams supporting multiple projects and personnel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Istio is a plus
- Two – three (2-3) years of experience with a B.S/B.A. in Engineering, Science, or related field or five (5) years equivalent experience
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.