DevSecOps Engineer - Colorado Springs, CO
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on-premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience is unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
We are willing to train the right candidates that may not have all the Kubernetes or CaC/IaC experience but possess strong engineering skills and an aptitude for understanding systems and desire to learn.
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation.
Location: Colorado Springs TS/SCI; remote work options available
Job Description and Required Skills
- Eager to learn new technologies and gain expert-level understanding of the latest approaches (auto-scaled cloud-based systems, serverless architectures, cloud/on-premises hybrid solutions)
- A passion for agile and DevSecOps methodologies
- Experience in providing DevSecOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar tools
- Experience in developing, testing, and maintaining containerized applications
- Working knowledge of source version control, build/release tools and methodologies, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Software Build process
- Skillset capable of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for a large enterprise that consists of hundreds of applications
- Strong ‘security first’ mindset
- Experience with cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure)
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) using tools like Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Familiar with microservice architectures (REST, JMS, AMQP)
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting (Bash and Python, etc)
- Ability to work on high performing teams supporting multiple projects and personnel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience with cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure)
- Extensive experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) using tools like Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- A passion for building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for multiple product teams
- Development experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Experience configuring and using CI/CD automated pipelines, such as Jenkins
- Strong Bash and Python coding skills
- Experience with Istio is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience with a B.S/B.A. in Engineering, Science, or related field or 5 years equivalent experience
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.