IT Operations - Senior
Seed Innovations is searching for an IT Ops Engineer who’s conceptual, versatile, strategic, and collaborative. Are you ready to make an impact?
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on-premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience are unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. Secret security clearance will be required. Existing clearance preferred. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation
Individuals must either be fully vaccinated or be approved for an accommodation to perform services for Seed Innovations.
Location: Colorado Springs - Remote work available
Seed Innovations is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior IT Operations Support professional with expertise in Kubernetes to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will have extensive experience managing Kubernetes clusters, troubleshooting complex technical issues, and providing exceptional customer service. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring system availability and performance, improving processes, and implementing system enhancements.
- Manage Kubernetes clusters for AI/ML platform deployment, including cluster setup, application monitoring, and maintenance
- Provide technical support to customers and other IT support team members for platform-related issues
- Work closely with DevSecOps team to ensure seamless deployment and integration of Kubernetes-based applications
- Troubleshoot complex Kubernetes-related and platform issues and provide timely resolutions
- Work with environment IT staff to troubleshoot and assist in resolving networking and security integration issues between the platform and the larger environment
- Lead the implementation of new systems and technologies, including containerization and automation tools
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in IT operations and support
- Strong technical knowledge in Kubernetes services/resources, administration, and management v
- Hands-on development experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Expertise in containerization and orchestration technology concepts such as container hardening, Kubernetes network policies, ingress controllers, custom resource definitions, and operators
- Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform and their services
- Familiarity with DevSecOps practices and tools such as CI/CD pipelines and IaC/CaC
- Knowledge of Git-based source version control, build/release tools and methodologies, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong Bash and Python coding skills
- Privileged User Certification: DoD 8570.01-M, IASAE Level II
- Security+ or equivalent
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to master new technologies and gain an expert-level understanding of the latest approaches (auto-scaled cloud-based systems, serverless architectures, cloud/on-premises hybrid solutions)
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, FluxCD, and Gitlab CI/Runner for automation
- Experience with AKS, EKS, Rancher, OCP, K3D, or K3S
- Capable of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for a large enterprise that consists of multiple applications
- Strong ‘security first’ mindset
- Preference for ‘automation and test’
- Familiar with microservice architectures (REST, JMS, AMQP)
- Experience with Istio
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or technical degree or 10+ equivalent experience
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.