Program/Product Manager - Senior
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems that operate in the cloud and on premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience is unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family centered, fun loving, high energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance required at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO with remote work options available
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Project Manager to lead our GitOps capability development projects. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the implementation and adoption of GitOps practices within our organization. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including DevOps engineers, software developers, and stakeholders, to ensure the successful delivery of GitOps initiatives and streamline our software development and deployment processes.
- Lead end-to-end GitOps capability development project, from inception to deployment, ensuring adherence to project scope, timelines, and objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project goals, requirements, and success criteria, aligning with the organization's strategic objectives.
- Facilitate project scrums and meetings, fostering effective communication, problem-solving, and decision-making among team members.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, design GitOps workflows, and implement automation and orchestration tools.
- Help drive the adoption of GitOps best practices, including version control, infrastructure-as-code, automated testing, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues, proactively addressing obstacles that may impact the successful delivery of GitOps capabilities.
- Monitor project progress and provide regular updates to stakeholders, including status reports, milestone achievements, and any deviations from the plan.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, seeking feedback from stakeholders and team members to enhance GitOps processes and tools.
- Mentor and coach team members, providing guidance and support to ensure their professional growth and development.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager, successfully delivering software development and DevOps projects, with specific experience in GitOps implementation
- Understanding of GitOps principles, practices, and tools, such as Git, Helm, Kubernetes, Argo CD, Flux, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC) concepts
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, with a track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies, with the ability to adapt project management approaches based on project needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members towards project success
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) for GitOps is preferred
- Eight (8) years of experience with a B.S in Program Management, IT Business, Computer Science or related field; or ten (10) years of experience without a degree
- Relevant certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) are a plus.
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.