Seed Innovations believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to the success of our organization. If you want to be more than just a number, keep reading!
Our engineers push the envelope to deliver high availability, automated, and secure systems that operate in the cloud and on premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable, automated mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government and commercial systems, one customer at a time! Seed is a family-centered, fun-loving, high-energy, innovative team. Check us out and be a part of the solution!
Due to our customer base, U.S. citizenship is required. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation.
Location: Colorado Springs with remote work options available
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Mid-Level Systems Engineer to join our team and contribute to the design and deployment of a DevSecOps Pipelines Platform. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Cloud Engineers and Architects, DevSecOps engineers, and cybersecurity, to design, implement, and maintain the infrastructure and systems required for the platform. You will play a critical role to ensure design, development, implementation, and performance of the platform to support the development and deployment of the automated pipelines for the United States Government customer.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the requirements for the platform and contribute to the design and implementation of the underlying systems and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cloud engineers and architects to integrate cloud services and leverage cloud platforms (I.e., AWS) to enhance the scalability and performance of the platform.
- Collaborate with cloud engineers and architects to support external interface and architecture discussions.
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and optimize system resources to ensure high availability, reliability, and responsiveness of the platform.
- Implement and manage system security measures, including access controls, data encryption, and vulnerability assessments, to protect the platform and its data.
- Collaborate with DevSecOps engineers to deploy and configure frameworks, tools, and libraries, ensuring compatibility and optimal performance.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including configuration details, standard operating procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends related to DevSecOps pipelines, platforms and system engineering, and recommend their adoption to improve the platform's capabilities.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and implement process improvements, automation, and best practices to streamline system engineering and maintenance tasks.
- Develop and manage critical program design and implementation deliverables.
- Proven experience as a Systems Engineer or similar role, working on complex software development or infrastructure projects.
- Solid understanding of system engineering principles and best practices, including hardware, networking, storage, and operating systems.
- Solid understanding of automated DevSecOps pipelines and platforms
- Solid understanding of cloud computing concepts and technologies, including virtualization, containerization, and cloud platforms (I.e., AWS, Azure, …).
- Experience with deploying and managing container orchestration frameworks like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex systems and resolve technical issues.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation using languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Familiarity with system security principles and practices, including access controls, data encryption, and vulnerability management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Agile, DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines is highly desirable
- Two to three years of relevant engineering experience with a B.S in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree or Seven (7)+ years of experience without a degree
- Benefits Pool: Health, Retirement & PTO/Sick Leave
- Variable compensation also included
- Company-provided STD, LTD and Life
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.